Have you ever made your own clothes? Many of us believe this is an art left to fashion designers. When I was young, I took sewing classes in hopes to become the next famous designer. I made some cute pieces that received many compliments. Of course, I’m older now and those items have long gone to the good will. If only I saved a few. My creations of the 70′s may have made a comeback. If you like to sew your own clothing, there is a great youtube site to check out for tips on creating your own one of a kind designs. Learn how to make your own gladiator sandals, necklaces, shirts, hobo bags, scarves, costumes and much more. This site incluces how to videos and information about sewing. Visit:
below is a list of textiles and fabrics to use to create your own designs.
- Pills on a knit fabric (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
- Definition: Terry Cloth (fabsugar.com)
- Unexpected Textile Designs – The ROXANNE NIKKI Collection Features a Bold Array of Fabrics (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Fiber Watch: An Ancient Textile Is Making Its Way Back (ecosalon.com)
- Trendspotting: The Need For Tweed (fabsugar.com)
- New Expanded Line of Terry Beachwear from Wittmann Textiles Company (prweb.com)Tangled Textile Creations – The Ribbon and Textile Artworks by Vadis Turner are Multicolored (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)